Here are links to the brochures listing dates and locations of workshops by region:
For workshops in Northwest and West Central Minnesota (PDF)
For workshops in Southeast and South Central Minnesota (PDF)
For workshops in Central Minnesota (PDF)
Workshops in Paynesville (1/19), Little Falls (1/21) and Holdingford (2/11) have lunch options - see brochure for details.
For Workshops in Southwest Minnesota (PDF)
Things to be aware of for private pesticide applicator recertification:
- Workshops will last about 3 ½ hours. Arrive before the listed workshop start time. No pre-registration necessary - allow time to register on-site before the workshop begins.
- You must attend the entire workshop. Anyone who arrives more than 15 minutes late to a workshop will not be allowed to receive recertification credit. The MN Dept. of Ag requires workshop participants to attend the entire workshop to receive credit for recertification. No exceptions to this requirement. If can not attend the entire workshop, you may attended another workshop (must attend entire workshop – not just parts missed) or take the on-line or mail-in test.
- The MN Dept. of Ag. requires all workshop participants to present a government issued photo ID such as your drivers license, passport, etc.
- Bring your Private Pesticide Applicator Certification card or number. This will assist in the on-site registration process. If you have misplaced your certification card you may obtain your certification number from the MN. Dept. of Ag. web site or by contacting MDA via phone at tel: 651-201-6615.
- If you are NOT currently certified (i.e. certified through March 1, 2016) you can not become certified by attending a Recertification Workshop. To become certified, take the 2016 on-line test or 2016 mail-in test. Mail-in test packets are available from local county extension offices. You might call ahead to check supplies. On-line tests (and retakes) must be completed before October 31, 2016. Mail-in tests must be received before October 31, 2016.
- The on-line test, mail-in test and recertification workshops have the same fee of $75.00.
- Checks should be made out to the University of Minnesota. Sorry, no credit cards or cash can be accepted for the workshop or mail-in test fee.
*Be sure to check master list above for any workshops rescheduled due to weather.
For more information call the University of Minnesota Extension Farm Information Line:
Toll Free: 1-800-232-9077 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answers 8:30AM – 1:30PM, Monday – Friday;
Voice mail after hours. Calls returned the next business day.
Email your question anytime.