- Broadleaf and grass weed seedling identification key
Pictorial key with terminology and plant part descriptions. (84 K PDF)
- Weed seedling identification
Descriptions of broadleaf and grass seedling plant parts used in identification.
Annual broadleaf weeds
- Annual broadleaf weed seedling identification
Photos and descriptions of common weed seedlings in Minnesota.
- Minnesota weed seedling photo collection
Minnesota broadleaf and grass seedling photos taken at the three- to five-leaf stage.
- Pigweed identification video
This video from Ohio State University describes four characteristics to help differentiate between redroot pigweed, waterhemp and Palmer amaranth: Pubescence (hair), petiole length, leaf shape and appearance, and inflorescence (seedhead). 2016
- Annual broadleaf weed identification
Photos and descriptions of mature weeds common in Minnesota.
- Pigweed identification: A pictorial guide to the common pigweeds of the Great Plains
Kansas State University (1.1 MB PDF)
Annual grass weeds